Our Commitment to Safeguarding
The Churches in the Draycote Benefice are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults of all ages. The Benefice expects all of its members to share this commitment by complying with the current policy adopted by Diocesan Synod in March 2018.
How we respond to a Safeguarding concern or allegation
There are many situations whereby a member of the church may have concerns, or be made aware of concerns, regarding a child, young person or adult.
- a child, young person or adult discloses abuse;
- Someone discloses concern for a child, young person or adult;
- Someone notices signs of potential abuse of a child, young person or adult;
- A child, young person or adult makes a disclosure about their own behaviour towards another child, young person or adult;
- Someone witnesses concerning behaviour during a church activity or during a home visit.
The concern or allegation might relate to someone at church or to someone elsewhere (eg at home, work or school). It might be a current situation, or something that happened in the past.This procedure must be followed by all church officers and it is strongly recommended for all other church members.
If you have a concern….
In the first instance please contact the Benefice Safeguarding Officer. If unavailable, please use the local contacts.
Benefice Safeguarding Officer: Janice Robinson: email@example.com, 07809 283952
Karen Armbrister, Parish Safeguarding Officer for Birdingbury – firstname.lastname@example.org, 07919 594559
Ian Francis, Parish Safeguarding Officer for Frankton – email@example.com, 01926 632918
Reg Brown, Parish Safeguarding Officer for Bourton – firstname.lastname@example.org, 07714 300257
Diocesan Safeguarding Information
The contact details for the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer and Team are:
Local social services numbers
The out of hours numbers for the local social care teams are:
• Coventry – 024 7683 2222
• Solihull – 0121 605 6060
• Warwickshire – 01926 886 922