Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.1 Corinthians ch. 13 vv. 4
If you are reading this page because you have just become engaged and you are thinking about getting married in one of our churches CONGRATUATIONS!!!
Every year lots of couples have their special day in one of our churches and we love being part of that. We would love to play a part in your special day and support you as you enter married life, however there are some rules about who can get married in one of our churches, so we thought we should be up front about this before you set your heart on being married in one of our churches.
Everyone has the right to be married in a Church of England Church, however there are some rules about which Church you can be married in. You can be married in one of the Draycote Churches if:
- Either of you has at any time, lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- Either of you was baptised (christened) in the parish
- Either of you have been confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations in our parish
- Either of you has regularly gone to normal church services in the church for a period of at least 6 months
One of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for at least 6 months
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If any of the above apply to you, or you are willing to attend services in the benefice for a period of 6 months leading up to the wedding we would be absolutely delighted to marry you in one of our churches. The first step is to e-mail our administrator firstname.lastname@example.org who will advise of next steps.
The Your Church Wedding website from the Church of England has lots more information and ideas about having a Church Wedding