The Centenary Conference will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 3 November at Coventry Cathedral.
The conference is entitled Into a Shared Future, and the day aims to offer a vision for the next 100 years for the Diocese of Coventry.
Lunch and drinks are being provided, and the cost of the conference is:
- £7.50 for bookings during September;
- £15 for bookings in October.
There is also a free children’s programme for primary school children, and provision for parents with pre-school children.
As the Centenary year of the Diocese draws to a close, the morning aims to turn from celebrating the past towards offering a vision for the next 100 years of Coventry Diocese, developing the themes of:
- Whole Diocese – working together for God;
- Reconciliation – participating in and with God;
- Deepening Faith – receiving from God.
There will be a wide range of workshops in the afternoon which cover practical topics such as:
- Reaching people in their 20s and 30s
- Caring for God’s Creation
- Being Church in a village
- Using social media well
- Having a healthy Church
- Growing spiritually as a leader
- Practicing reconciliation
- Being generous
- Developing rural evangelism
- Finding your spiritual style
- Starting tough conversations well
- Making Church structures effective
- Encountering God through nature
- Pioneering a new Church
- Getting involved in chaplaincy
- Getting involved in schools
- Getting involved in ordained vocations
- Caring for and developing church buildings
- Being a Christian in your workplace
The day will finish with worship, including a Eucharist.
We are thrilled to announce that we will be running kids work (for children aged 5-11) throughout the day of the conference.
The amazing Livewires team will be leading our children in a day packed with fun, worship, games and great teaching.
Due to space limitation we have had to put a cap on numbers (5-7’s 40 children, 7-11’s 60 children) so be sure to book your space quickly.
Facilities will also be available in the cathedral for preschool children (supervised by parents) to enable parents to hear the conference whilst keeping their children with them.
There is plenty of car parking space in Coventry city centre. You can download a map of car parks by clicking here.
For example, there are 1000 parking places at the Belgrade Plaza Car Park, and it costs just £3.00 if you arrive before 9:30 am. Alternatively, there is a bus every 15 minutes from Coventry Park and Ride.
The latest details about the conference will be updated here
To book a place (half price if booked in September), please click here…